Sunday, October 28, 2012


 Kicking and Screaming out of the Weekend

This is the second blog post. I think it worked out for the first one not knowing a thing about posting a blog. I have been reading adamantly the blog's I find posted by Facebook pages and have found them to be very informative. I have noticed that by reading so many DIY type blog's it makes you want to do stuff...make stuff and eat way too much stuff. These are just things that need to be dealt with the increasing pile of craft's, firestarters, wood and food occupying space in the home. I don't live on my own as of yet I have been couch surfing on a stagnant ocean, It has been a huge change from the way life used to be. I was an overtly adventurous person with little regard for myself and what I did, Oh yeah, I would think about things before doing them but then go right ahead and do it, damn the torpedo's 
 I have spent the last few years recovering mind and body from a few tough bout's thrown at me in the ring of life. Thing's I should take full credit for creating and some I had absolutely no control over. I miss my LIFE and pleasures I had before the day I moved IN with friends. It isn't the folks although they live completely hand to mouth and drive threw to body. I have a lot to be thankful for by being able to recover in a place where I am checked on don't have to worry about being found in a catastrophic situation without a way to save myself. I enjoy kooking. making kookie recipes that I have no idea how they will taste or really come out short of being on fire or suitable for paving the sidewalk. The couple I stay with is not adventurous at all, Steak and potato's with corn......wild huh? Not the fruity trout with wild rice and cattail root and nettle salad style. It ok to be safe food wise you know what your getting and know you won't be in the john, doubled over with the sound of a salad shooter hitting the bowl. I prefer to make a few things that would make an alligator blink sometimes. I made bread a while a go, a recipe I found on youtube, it tastes great and I use some yeast that was a few years old, flour and salt that had not been used up and was going to waste, it tasted homemade without anything special. When I did get fresh ingredients Damn that bread rock's. I don't work, I sit in the big blue chair, come Monday morning and I read colorful expletives about how pitiful the ending of the weekend was, how short it was and how there is still so much to get done. I know it is tough, but some of the family's and folks I read about I think to myself what the hell, they run so much, taking kid's to every event they chose to go to and catering to going out to a club or to dinner with friends, play sport's feed the family, shop and wonder how can they not hate to go back to work they are exhausted. I liked Monday it game me a rest from the running, I would go to hockey game's all weekend, go to a few bars and travel back home. The same was true with softball games, go to the game, BBQ for the team or go out to dinner, take the kid's to a fun park or swimming and back to the games finally to drive back home with the kid's passed out and me trying to stay awake to not kill everyone in the rig. I would think how quiet it was when I got to work on Monday and how pleasant it was to concentrate on nothing but the task at hand and getting the work done, as with the satisfaction of creating something that others would enjoy. This week is the time where I will concentrate on getting a few things made ahead for lunch and dinner, something to stay quiet and not disturb the folk's in the house other than the sound of the timer going off with food being done. The other thing is to get out to the local range and shoot the .17 and tune it up for getting a few grouse for dinner on the way to the cabin. Remember all that running around is not and doing thing's cannot be gotten back, take time to sit with your family and talk one on one with no running or electronics to interfere those are the times I look back on fondly and know that I will never get those times back but I have them all the same. Embrace the week and celebrate Monday 

No comments:

Post a Comment