Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bit o'Ruckus

Bit of a ruckus across the state in the Seattle area last evening 1 May 13, looks like the Anarchists were doing their bit to say hey no immigration limitation or legislation. They are met with many a new challenge's in destructive protesting, Seems the Seattle police department has their own bag of tricks, new tactic's that scared the on air news casters to the after life a few seconds at a time. Watching the sedate but yet violent tactics on both sides still doesn't make one or the other right just doing what the feel is for the better good. I was at the WTO riots and I do mean riots in 1999 out on the streets, I wasn't a police office or protester, I had gone over to make some quick high paying cash doing a custom carpentry job. while staying at my uncle denny's I got a call from an old employer looking for me. He wanted to know if my uncle could reach me and relay that he had three day's of work for me if I wanted it as downtown security for a few of the more affluent customers his firm contracted with. Being I was right there in town,I took the job, I was there anyway and had the custom cabinets well on the way to completion. In those early day's of protest there were a lot of violent and aggressive protesters. With molitovs being served up by masked bandit's. I had no feeling for the cause or the why of the protests, I didn't care who the protesters where. I took my job seriously and tried my best to keep the property's I was working with from the least amount of damage I could. Being a aggressive type of person and seeing that the situation would be getting worse as the day progressed there was little to do but wait the day's out. I kept most away, made sure the plywood was fastened steady and moved along from place to place in what seemed a tiring and endless circle. I watched many get arrested, watched boots to ribs and clashes that were provocateur and punisher, many received what they had coming to them on both sides there were no innocent's in this political battle.
 I watched the movers and shakers who did show up not have a clue  or understanding of what was going on, who wanted or didn't want. They had their head up their...s and were only concerned with what someone else was going to do. Without question watching last night the bicycle brigade was effective but no affective as could be if horses were used. Pepper spray was used, flash bangs were used. As in previous skirmishes scare and disperse as apposed to tear gas and sheer force. A wall of bicycles is no match for a large crowd, a large horse is more of a match to move people but in today's budgets horses are no longer in the mix. Too expensive to keep, too costly to train and feed. We have become a society of city people in the city you would expect that. But dammit this is still the Northwest the farthest west in the United States you can go an by god damn they should have  horses for crowd control. They did in 99 and in 13 they had bicycles pshhhtt..
 I took the job in 99 and don't feel bad, I watched and learned and now I see and know not to take a job like that again. Unless they start paying by the head Dead or Alive for protesters and looters. 
 Have a great day in the snow or shine 

No comments:

Post a Comment