Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mini Van, cara van, out and?

 Out and about should be what I am doing but ney, I am not. I am sitting in a chair with ass imprints in it. I made some cookies yesterday, not cookies as I posted but DOG biscuits. I thought they were good, hence I ate tooooo....many. I will not do that again or drink all 12 cups of coffee and the two left over from yesterday. Pssshhh...t who am I foolin' you know damn well I will be drinking that an more in the future, I am an adult I can do what ever I want to. HA!! Now if things were as they should I would like to be out at the pot holes reservoir http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potholes_Reservoir fishing for chrome trout fresh out of the hatchery or if I am lucky some good ol' perch they are fun to catch. http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Potholes is where we went the first time. It was 1974 and we had just gotten a brand spankin' new Tioga motor home with a 360 automatic that would hold 6 people from Baydo's trailer sales in down town Kennewick on avenue C. You know the good ol' boy's they did a fine job of setting us up with a nice motor trailer with all the amenities, a in house crapper and genuine propane stove with a full sized fridge. The unit got all decked out via JC penny's and Montgomery wards. With a few incidentals from Earnst hardware. I loved dreaming of the day we would get the buggy on the road and spent some of my hard earned money on a John Denver 8 track tape for road music on our adventure. Our first trip on the year and maiden voyage of the new Green and lime trimmed white Tioga was to the pothole's to catch trout on the season opener. We were all decked out with worms, corn and Meps lures.  We stopped by the old Thrifty market for the small Miller bears in the tiny 8 ox. bottles for mom and grandma to sip on when they reached the shores and some NeHi sodas for me. Walt my step grandfather was a cheap booze in the 5th type guy that would wipe him out in one or two shooters and ice. When it came to fishing though the old Polock knew how to catch fish. He would always be the first one to hook something even if it was a "trash" fish. The old pole caught the first fish alright and it wasn't the trout that was bragged about for weeks leading up to the trip but PERCH, the trash fish and they wouldn't stay off the hook. When my mom was growing up and my Grandpa Berggy would hang out at the Tri city yacht club my mom would catch sun fish crappy and perch off the dock while Berggy would throw back some gin and tonic's.  They were the most fun fish for my mom to catch and catch them she did at the pot holes reservoir we had a large ice chest full by the end of the weekend and being on a limited income it was a welcome addition to the freezer. We skinned and filleted all the fish and put the Caracas in two five gallon buckets, the flesh fillets we bagged and sealed for freezing. But the hylight was the battering a deep frying of a full platter of fried potato's and those perch fillets. The weather was spring a blustery afternoon, rain in the evening, bright sun breaks threw out the day. It was an adventure, my first motorcoaching, fishing and desert living. I go back on occasions and of late I would long to go.........soon hopefully sooon   

No comments:

Post a Comment