Monday, May 6, 2013

Some day's you?

 There are some day's you feel just outside the shitter. Well today is one of those day's for me. I feel outside, removed. I shouldn't I got all excited and mixes up the Amish friendship bread brew that still has four day's till it's done and proceeded to go forth and make some dog cookies. Yes, I know cookies are cookies but I was watching Garden fork on youtube and they made dog cookies with a baked sweet potato. They were easy to make a cup of this a cup of that so I say's to myself that I need to make some. I did they came out great, I used a can of yam's that had been in the pantry for a few years but was not out of date. I had gone to the food bank one day to take my daughter, My friend runs it but isn't the manager. She had asked me once before to come in and volunteer a bit of time and I had but not a lot. My daughter got into a bit of trouble for having a cell phone in class or the hall or some silly thing that children will do in the age of not being able to live life without doing something or talking all the time. I decided and her mom had no say that the day's she was suspended from school she would be at the food bank working and she did like a champ, she woke up early and went in with me to work and my friend said she enjoyed it. On the last day there were to many things in the trough that couldn't be used. One big tub of cans that were bent and dent, due to the risk of someone being sued they couldn't be given out to the patron's. I took all that was offered. I have spent enough time to understand what could be safe and what couldn't and assume the risk. The can's that were questionable I would make up a soup for the turkey. Now without a turkey or anything else the extras were disposed of and it wasn't much a few cans that were left. Anyway the cookies came out good, very taste almost as if they were people food and they could be if I had added a little honey or agave. But like anything I make or cook or wish to share with the tribe it isn't appreciated. It is looked down on because it didn't come from a clown head or from under the golden arches. I will be glad to get into a place were my space is mine and there will be no one to answer too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment