Thursday, November 29, 2012

          The Old Farmers Almanac

There is a wealth of information in the Old Farmers Almanac, everything from weather to planting and in recent years advertising and recipes. They have a nice little sales area and will now send you a email with a few things they have to offer. One of which is a nice moon phase app for your phone. it would be handy to look at for fishing times, hunting and hay harvesting. But this picture of a memory game caught my eye. A series of pictures meant to help with remembering things and order of things. I have a book about increasing your thought and memory. It uses a series of small things to help increase your memory. I think this actual hands on picture with the ability to be touchy feely and see what you are remembering can in my opinion be very helpful for anyone. It would be great for some who suffer from memory loss from stroke or the early onset of Alzheimer. One of my few fears is loosing my memory and the ability to control my body. I have has this happen on more than one occasion. I would definitely get this if I had the chance. It would help a lot for just killing time if nothing else. The Old Farmers Almanac has been a staple in many an era from the layman to farmer. It does have quite the interesting history and the little tidbit's that it contains are interesting to read I have always been fascinated with the little yellow booklet, the first one bought for me by my mom, she would never deny buying me a book even if we were short on money and the Almanac wasn't too expensive when I was young but it did cost and for a young single mom I didn't appreciate what she had to do to earn a living in those day's and what she had to put up with. Things that wouldn't be tolerated today, but was the norm in the 70's, it wasn't until later years and the death of my mom did I get what she had sacrificed for me and the life she had made for me. She gave me more than I ever was able to re pay. Love you mom and Thanks
 Cold rainy night with clouds and frost I think being able to hit the hay early tonight is in order if nothing else to try and catch up on my own internal clock of sleep count down. 
 The bird is eating like a horse everything I feed her and looking for more it must be getting closer to cold times and winter. 
 Have a great day live like you have left the yard unattended.    

No comments:

Post a Comment