Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ram Rodding a Herd of Squirrels:

 When you look at the way people are taught these day's you can see the basics have been forgotten. I know the regulations put into schools are for the benefit of all. To insure that no child is left behind, But with this ideal we are leaving behind our most intelligent children. Those that excel in art are not nourished they are left to their own study, there isn't enough money to let them learn and in return our teaching staff isn't there to educate the artzy creativity in our children. There is a place for art in our lives, we use art in our own way, to ease stress to lighten our heart. In the same sense we are not allowing those who are not academically strong but no less intelligent to become what they would be, Farmers! We have gone the way of the high tech neophyte. I can't see using a shovel to make a living but I love the thought of driving a tractor, and planting, raising and selling a crop of vegetables to those who would like to eat healthy. To strive to get away from the GMO foods who cannot grow again only to wither and die, and in most cases in our own bodies. The kid who is into sports is catered too. To help them gain self esteem,there are practices, games and comradery. Parents run themselves ragged getting kids to the sporting events to make their kids into super athletes. The bottom line is so that the athletics can forge a way to collage and spare the exorbitant fees to attend collage. The same opportunity should be given to those who can grow a fine crop or a fat calf, draw a pen and ink Monet or sketch the drawing of a comic book. I would like to see more into the sciences the ability to have children learn at a younger age the principals of chemistry. But we can't do that the children have been labeled too young or not capable of learning the safety of using chemicals. 
 When I was younger a stint in the scouts was an experience that I will carry my whole life. I learned to hike in the woods, be civil minded and to build a pine wood derby. There were many other things I learned but the one that have stayed in the ol' memory box and I will cherish them. When the scouts died out I partitioned the Brotherhood of DeMolay that brought me in contact with civic leaders, taught me to solicit and earn money through hard work and fundraisers. The DeMolay were a junior version of the Masonic lodge, the leaders and business persons who made up the community I lived in. The brotherhood of DeMolay was a way to embrace more than I had been exposed to in the past, to take pride in myself and develop communication skills that I could carry with me throughout my life. It also gave me confidence to talk to people, girls and hone the respect I had previously had for my elders. These are some things that had shaped my life and I will forever hold them in my heart and sole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment